Friday, July 22, 2011

Baby G's Nursery Plans

So we finally cleared out all of the furniture from our guest bedroom last weekend and it's officially a blank canvas for Baby Grace's room. I am so excited to do a girly room for our baby!  Here's a preview of what Baby Grace's room will look like when it's all finished!

This is the crib bedding I picked out. It's from Target and the funny thing is I fell in love with it when I was pregnant with Davis. Of course when I found it we were having a boy, we went a different route. It must be fate that it's still available!! I love that it's girly but not baby-ish, so we can use it for a long while.

Over the crib we're going to put a wall graphic up like this one, except it will have Grace's name. This verse could not be more true because I know that this baby is a gift from God. Just 2 years ago, Greg was adament about not having any more kids, but  I knew in my heart that our family wasn't complete. Well, I prayed that God would either change Greg's heart or mine, and He eventually changed Greg's heart. So what a better way of thanking Him than to have a daily reminder over baby Grace's crib that she is a precious gift from our Father?

We're planning on painting the walls a light lime green and we'll use the same white crib and changing table that we used with Davis.  A picture of the crib is below, and the changing table matches it. I like that it looks antique and I think it will look perfect with the bedding. 
Stay tuned for the finished product, hopefully within the next month!



3 comments:

Nick said...

Beautiful Candace. You look great too. So happy fir all of you.

Nick said...

Ok, so it was Corrie that commented but apparently Nick was the one logged into Google :)

Patricia said...

I cannot believe it was still available!! how cool, Uh? I LOVE this bedding! It's so pretty and I love the colors. Can't wait to see the "after" picture!