Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ponies, Monkeys, and Cupcakes, Oh MY!

Last Friday, the engineering firm where I work at had its annual outing at Frankie's Fun Park in Raleigh. Greg was in California, so I was a bit nervous about handling wild man all by myself. Turns out we had a great time! Here's Davis with my friend Heather's family. Heather's husband, Ronnie, won Davis over immediately when he picked him up and launched him into the sky!

Davis and I played putt-putt together. We actually got through all 18 holes! Davis was cracking me up because at each hole, he would putt, then after he was done and as I was putting my ball down to putt, he would run back onto the green and scream, "here's the hole, mommy, here's the hole!", as he pointed to it with his putter. Too cute. We had a fun time!

As we were leaving, Davis couldn't help but climb up on this Harley and pretend to ride it. I love how small he looks on it!

 On Saturday, we went to my friend Brooke's daughter's birthday party. They had a pony there for the kids to ride, and Davis actually rode it! It's his first pony ride.
 After we got back from the party, I put Davis in his room for naptime. He wasn't ready to go to sleep yet, so I told him to have quiet time. When I went back to check on him, this is how I found him. In full monkey costume. And to top it off, he was sleeping on his monkey sheets and put his curious george socks on. I swear he must be part monkey.
 On Sunday, I thought it would be fun to make cupcakes after Davis's nap. I put Greg's apron on him and he was a big help. Of course he wanted to lick his fingers after mixing the batter and I kept thinking he would get salmonella poisoning from the raw eggs. Of course, he was fine and the cupcakes were delicious!!

No comments: