Friday, April 24, 2009

17 Months! Where does the time go??

Davis turned 17 months this past week. I cannot hardly believe it! He's talking so much these days. Some of the words we can make out are "broon"= balloon; "lella"=umbrella; "ellow"=yellow; "ooh, ooh, aah, aah"= monkey; "kirkle"=circle; "sheez"= "cheese"; "kacka"=cracker;"nana"=banana. His alltime favorite word right now is bubble, which he can say clear as day.

He also had his first cleaning at the dentist this week. He has 12 teeth in and they are perfect - whoo hoo! no cavities. We are waiting for the incisors to come in which the dentist said could be any day.

Some other notes: Davis claps whenever we say "tarheel" = daddy has him trained well; he loves to clink his sippy cup against our glasses at dinnertime and say cheers (well, we say cheers, he says something that sounds like shes; Davis is splashing so much at bathtime that he soaks Daddy, which in turn makes Davis giggle hysterically; I discovered this week that Davis HATES the vaccuum and will stand in one spot and cry in pure terror as I try to vaccuum.


17 month cutie pie In the racecar-cart at Lowe's Foods


Grandma and Grandpa gave Davis his first set of clubs - PGA, watch out!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Girl, you got a "little man". He has definitely changed since you were here in January and is looking more like a little boy than baby!!! That's crazy how they grow so fast! 1st cleaning??!! I didn't even know they need to get a cleaning--I need to make a mental note of that.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I agree with Patricia--my dentist said to just bring Katie to my next cleaning so she could watch me (she'll be close to 2 at that point). I've heard several different opinions--some (magazines) say as soon as they get teeth, some dentists say not til 2 or 3. There's no way Katie would sit still for them to clean her teeth at this stage she's in--she hardly lets me brush her teeth!