Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hey There Fellow With The Hair Colored Yellow


Today is Davis' 18 month birthday...yep, a year and a half. Goodness, where does it go? Time is flying by at supersonic speed, and it seems to go faster the older he gets. From what I understand, the 18 month mark is filled with such huge milestones - more words, some 2 word sentences, dressing/feeding himself, and the beginning of, eek, potty training.

This past weekend Davis came up to Greg and I and said "poop", then pointed to his behind (both on Saturday and Sunday). When I asked him if he wanted a fresh diaper, he ran over to the stairs (as if to say, why yes mom, I do need a fresh diaper!). From what I understand, that's one of the first signs that he's ready for potty training. Whoa, Davis using the potty?? I can't even think about that!! He's also learned the word "no", which I'm trying to ignore, and "help", which he uses when he needs help with something.

He's still waking us up every night though. Greg and I keep saying that we're going to start using tough love, ie, let him cry it out. But it never seems like a good time to start that since every weekend is booked up and during the week is not a good time to start it. I guess the spoiling will continue and he'll keep coming into our bed to sleep. I guess it could be worse!


We went this past weekend and bought Davis some "age appropriate" outdoor toys, one of which is a bubble lawn mower and the other is a sand/water table. So, I'm hoping this means some hysterical photo opps will soon take place, which of course I'll post.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

He looks SO grown up in this picture!! I want to see MORE updated pix!!!

GrammieBabs said...

Hey--this is Brooke and not "Grammie/Mimi Babs" (my mom) Anyway, just wanted to comment on your handsome man...adorable! yep, 18 months is when Katie started saying "poop" to us and we got her a potty chair. She only pees sometimes, but she's at least got an awareness. Rob's mom just told me today that she bought Katie a bubble lawn mower--we'll have to get pictures of them mowing together! Katie loves to look at this blog and she remembers Davis (will say his name as soon as his pic comes up!)
Brooke