Davis turned 3 years old on November 20th, and wow has it flown by. What an incredible journey it has been so far though! God has blessed Greg and I with such an amazing little boy. He's funny, smart, and has an incredible heart. Now, I would be lying if I ended the list there - Davis has his share of challenges. He is a big ball of energy, and he can be very whiny and grumpy. I laugh some days, convinced that there's a grouchy old man inside my child crying to come out, literally! But I wouldn't trade him for anything. He has taught Greg and I so much about ourselves, our patience, and our ability to love unconditionally. We're learning just as much from him as he is from us.
His 3 year old appointment was yesterday and he had his first vision test! He did really well. He's 27 lbs and 37.5" tall. Our new nickname for him is stringbean.
Here's a quick list of what our 3-year-old is all about these days:
2) Blue. Davis's favorite color. He'll quickly let you know this by pointing things out, saying "I think that [insert object name here] is my favorite color". I picked him up from school one day to find him constructing an all blue tower out of light and dark blue mega blocks. Every single blue block was in that tower.
3) Monkeys. Davis is convinced that he's a monkey. Perhaps a relative of Curious George. He loves bananas, watches Curious George everyday, dressed up like a monkey for Halloween, makes "oooh, oooh, ahh, ahh" noises, likes to climb trees...I think he would fit right in at the zoo!
4) Books, books, books! He loves to read. We actually have to cut him off at night because he could stay up reading. He especially loves it when Daddy and I read in our British accents or Daddy reads really fast (more for our benefit than his!). I hope this love of reading continues into college where it will pay off!
5) Sports. We enrolled Davis in his first sports class this year - soccer. I was a little nervous because in my mind's eye all I saw was this little blonde-haired boy running amuck around the soccer field while all the other boys and girls stood in straight lines, kicking the soccer balls neatly into the goal. I was pleasantly surprised though to find Davis following directions from the coach and he was one of the fastest runners on the team! He got a gold medal on his last day. We are going to sign him up for basketball next year which should be fun. Davis also loves football and likes to run plays w/ Daddy. It's so cute to hear him say "Blue 32, blue 32, hut hut!" in his little voice.
6) Train tracks. He likes to take them apart and build new tracks everyday. One of these days he'll figure out how to link them down the stairs. That should be fun.
7) Wheels. Between his John Deere Gator and his bike, he has figured out that he can go really fast, and he likes that A LOT. Scary for me, fun for him. Thank God for helmets and seatbelts.

No comments:
Post a Comment