We had a great, but exhausting, weekend! We wrapped up VBS at our church on Saturday. I had volunteered to oversee one of the craft stations where we glued on rocks and a cross to wooden picture frames - it's amazing how creative kids can be with ROCKS! It was also Davis's first time going to VBS since he now met the age requirement. The first night was a little hard because he wanted to stay with me the whole time. Once he realized that I was never too far away, he had a blast. He loved learning about Jesus and about his mother, Mary.
Greg went over to Target to fill an antibiotic for Davis. He still hasn't shaken whatever it is he has had, so I'm hoping the amoxicillin will do the trick. While he was there, he picked up some surprises for his main man and little girl. He got Davis his first baseball bat and got baby Grace this:
How cute is this? It says "Snuggle Bear" on it and has little bear feet. SO sweet. Greg said since he called Davis his little snuggle bear, then he would call Grace the same thing! This little girl already has her daddy wrapped around her finger, and she's not even here yet!!
Saturday afternoon, we took a little trip over to Streets at Southpoint and had dinner at PF Chang's - yummy! I had so much food - shrimp & beef lo mein with extra broccoli! I'm trying to get in some extra iron in my diet since my dr. told me I was a tad low. She encouraged me to try and change my diet instead of taking the iron supplements. I remember how constipated I was w/ Davis after taking the supplements, so if I can stay away from those, even better! We then went to Babies R Us and finished up our registry. I had already started a registry online, but I wanted to add some "girly" things. I had so much fun looking at those adorable girl clothes. We're going to be SO broke.
We went over to the mall to try and get some ice cream, but Marble Slab had closed. Really, an ice cream shop closing? I just don't understand.... While we were outside, I took this picture of Davis at one of the fountains. He threw in all of my change, and after telling him he had to make a wish, he threw in a coin and said "this one is for my babybrothersister". He still calls her that, even though we know it's a sister now. Too cute!
1 comment:
If you end up having to take the iron supplements(I had the same prob both pregnancies and was VERY constipated). Anyway, try All Bran cereal. It tasted awful, but it does the trick! Way better than be constipated...
Post a Comment